We provide automotive inventory data in US and Canada via our API.
We have a demo website that you can see here - [login to view URL] and the API documentation is hosted here - [login to view URL]
We'd like to build a couple of Javscript based widgets that could be embedded by 3rd parties on their websites / portals.
For starters we'd like to convert the following sections from this page into a widget -
[login to view URL]
1. Market Comparison
2. Time on Market (Only the dials that show time on market for the current car, local average and national average)
3. Listing History (13 Previous Listings Section)
- The widgets once initialised with an API key on the web page will pull data from the API to render inside the its display / view area.
- The API key needs to be secured (as the widget will make calls to the API - anyone can introspect the web traffic from the browser and sniff out the Key, but there has to be a way around this to secure the key so that only authorised clients can call the API)
- The view needs to be responsive in nature so it would work with any screen size, and also fit well with other elements on the web page
- Each widget will have a -
1. Widget Title (that will show up at the top of the widget - left / right / center aligned) with some styling applied
2. Some dynamic input (that could be set in the widget - e.g. to pull history of a car a VIN number is the input to the Listing History widget, to show market coverage the input will be a VIN and a geo-location (latitude / longitude) and the radius from the geo-point
3. Display area - within which the widget will render its content fetched from the server
As a reference you could refer to - [login to view URL]
They have a Market Report widget that could be embedded, similar to what needs to be built here.