This project is an application of the DIVA daylighting simulation advanced metrics of evaluation for daylit spaces. The goal is to develop and explore design alternatives in Rhino in possible support of studio activities. The evolution of the project is based on understanding of site context, design goals, factors affecting daylighting performance and control strategies for natural light.
1. Develop Rhino project model to match a design studio space proposal (or assume a space).
2. Define your daylighting goals and objectives for your spatial and functional experience in writing.
3. Model a minimum of two designs for daylighting techniques you believe will enhance performance.
4. Simulate for all alternatives the Daylight Availability Metric (not Daylight Autonomy or Useful Daylight Illuminance) at chosen work plane as your climate-based metric. You should also simulate False Color Renderings with Daylight Glare Probability (DGP) and Work Plane Illuminance (plan top view) for select times and situations to highlight design intervention. For example, when designing a light shelf, select a situation to show before its installation and after.
5. Analyze the produced metrics in terms of short-comings, potentials and advantages both spatially and over seasons and times.
6. Simulate annual glare for the space before and after your design intervention. (add 1 page to show results)
I will provide the rhino model and site as well as a finished example you can use to finish the project. In the end I need 3 letter sized pages. Thank you.